Below are some photos of our guys Ice Rescue training with the County Water Rescue team and The Coast Guard


Dale Arkenburg – Fire Chief

44 North Forest Street Geneva, OH 44041
Phone: 440-466-4675
Fax: 440-466-4683
EMail: chief300@genevaohio.com

Forms & Information

Hazard Warning Notice


The primary response district of the Geneva Fire Department is Geneva City and Geneva Township. The membership of the Geneva Fire Department is very proud to serve the citizens in the city and township. The department is available 24 hours a day to assist with a wide variety of emergency and non-emergency situations. Please call the fire department and use us as a resource, we will make every effort to help you resolve your issue.

Mission Statement

The mission of the Geneva Fire Department is to protect life, property, and the environment, through education, prevention, suppression, and community service.

Geneva Fire Explorer Post

A career development program to train boys and girls ages 14 to 21 in community service and fire fighting. All Ashtabula County and Madison are eligible to join the Explorer Post. Participants train at the scenes of fires and other calls using ladder trucks, agility tests, hazardous materials cleanup, ice rescue with the U.S. Coast Guard and in first aid with Northwest Ambulance District. Besides fighting fires, post members learn behind the scenes lessons about community service. They also go rock climbing and white water rafting. For more inform at in on Geneva Fire Department Explorer Post call (440) 466-3321.

Fire Department Services Offered

  • Courtesy Home Inspections
  • Commercial Occupancy Inspections
  • Juvenile Fire Setter Counseling
  • Free Smoke Detectors
  • Fire Station and Truck Tours
  • Fire Prevention Talks to Schools, Local Businesses & Local Organizations
  • Fire Extinguisher Training
  • Fire Safety Trailer

Fire Department History

The department was formed in 1860, and is the second oldest department in the county.  The original fire station was located at the corner of South Broadway and Park Street from 1868 until 1934.  The station was then moved to the converted armory at the corner of East Main Street and Forest Street.  During this time period the station was first manned with one man on duty 24 hours a day. During the 1959 election the citizens of Geneva passed, by 82%, an $85,000 bond issue to build the current 4 bay station and buy a $32,000 American LaFrance pumper.  Geneva Township passed, by 77%, a 2 mill levy to purchase 2 new trucks, an engine and a tanker, and continue contracting with the city for fire protection. Geneva hired Gary Farley as it’s first full time Fire Chief in 1979.  The department traveled into unknown waters in 1981 with the joint purchase, with Saybrook Township Fire Department, of a refurbished 1968 Pitman Snorkel.  This truck served the area well until its replacement in 1995 by a refurbished 1985 Sutphen 65 foot ladder. In 2003 a new 1500 pumper with a built in CAFS foam unit was purchased to replace a 1980 pumper.The Geneva Fire Department currently serves Geneva City and Township with a roster of one full time Chief, three Full time Firefighters and twenty-nine paid on call firefighters.  Our fleet consists of three, 1500 gallon per minute pumpers, a 100 foot aerial platform ladder truck, a 1500 gallon tanker, a brush fire truck, heavy rescue truck and a chief’s vehicle.

For more information about fire prevention activities including; station tours, public training, facility training, etc. please email fire324@genevaohio.com.

For more information about fire inspections or occupancy inspections please email tclay@genevaohio.com.

Fire Links

US Fire Administration-FEMA: www.usfa.fema.gov